- During Ryan's two-week vacation in October, we travelled to Ontario for a week. This was Carter's first plane ride, and he did awesome, crying for maybe 5 minutes each way. We finally had the opportunity to introduce him to my dad's side of the family including his great grandparents.
- When we returned from Ontario, we spent the remaining week quietly at home, with a couple short road trips within Manitoba.
- Carter's growth astounds me. I am saddened by how quickly time is passing, but also loving each new stage at the same time. He is now sitting, threatening to crawl, and eating (pureed) solid foods.
- I spent a good week preparing frozen baby food for Carter in ice cube trays. Why hasn't somebody marketed frozen baby food on a commercial level yet (or have they?)?
- Summer is long, long gone. The ground is white with snow. My hibernation begins about now.
- Carter is definitely becoming more and more attached to me. He has some serious separation anxiety. I am hoping to get him out a bit more starting with parent and tot swim and activities at our local library. I think that some socialization will do him good.
- And now, since the little stinker is awake, I will leave you with this picture of our first Halloween together. I am loving how having a child can give us an excuse to be more youthful :)
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Life these Days
It has been a ridiculously long time since I have posted anything about my daily life here. Looking back, it has been well over a month since I have filled you in on what has been going on in my life. So what's been happening?