Carter's birthday weekend was a busy one. On Saturday, my family held a surprise baby shower for us, and then on Sunday, we had Carter baptized and then had a BBQ at our place. I will post some pictures when I gather them.
Anyways, summing up Carter's first month...
We haven't had his height measured since the hospital, however, he is now 9 lbs 10.5 oz.
Things I don't want to forget:
- The way that he throws his hands up in the air whenever he is startled.
- How he can get his hands out of even the tightest swaddles.
- How he always sleeps with his hands at his face.
- The way that he gets little sideways smiles whenever we play pat-a-cake.
- The way that he snuggles up really close to me in bed, no matter how far away I put him.
- The way that he grunts and makes noises when he eats.
- How he always calms down when his daddy rocks him.
- How he always falls asleep in Papa's arms.
- How he has gone from hating his bath, to giving little smiles when he is in the water.
- The way that he hates to have a dirty diaper, but hates diaper changes equally as much.
- We have found that he will sleep in his crib for the first part of the night, but when he wakes up, always wants to come to bed with mommy and daddy.
- We have figured out that Ovol is a necessity in keeping him comfortable in the evenings, or else he will scream bloody murder for hours on end as he tries to pass gas.
- We have figured out that he will inevitably start crying as if he is starving to death the moment that I put my supper on the table.
Overall, this past month has had ups and downs, but I seem to forget the downs all too quickly. Despite the bumps in the road that we have faced while we figure this little man out, I wouldn't trade a moment of this time for the world.