- Ryan left for a 4 day fishing trip yesterday, leaving me a single parent until Monday.
- Carter is a great baby. He is very low maintenance, and I even feel guilty at times that I don't spend enough time with him because all he does is sleep.
- Our night-time routine leaves something to be desired. We would like to get Carter out of our bed ASAP. He hates his bassinet, and will only sleep in his crib until his first night-time feed. He sleeps for relatively long stretches, but seems to wake up at 3:30 am every morning, putting us back into bed at around 4:00 am, with Ryan needing to get up for work at 4:30 am.
- On the other hand, when he isn't sleeping in bed with us, I don't sleep as I am too focused on listening to hear any sound from him to confirm that he is still breathing.
- I am stripping our Bum Genius diapers as we speak. The way that Carter is growing, he should be fitting into them in no time (they are rated for 8 lbs, but I think that they will still be too bulky).
- I have filed my Maternity Leave claim this week, so am anxiously waiting to see how much I will be receiving during my leave.
- We are waiting on Carter's birth certificate so that we can apply for a passport for him. I can't wait to see his passport picture!
- I am not sure if anybody else has noticed, but when shopping with a baby, clipping the car seat at the front of the cart does not allow one to see anything in front of them. Placing the car seat in the cart leaves absolutely no room for anything else. Any solutions?
- Perhaps by next week, I will have something non-baby-related to post about. Then again, maybe not!
For more Friday Night Leftovers, click here.