- My mom is allergic to nuts and seafood, so growing up, we did not have a lot of these foods in our house. I am not sure if it is because I was deprived for all of those years, but I absolutely love these foods now! I made a batch of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies this week, and swear I ate the whole batch all on my own.
- My birthday was earlier this week. Birthdays are not usually a big deal for me. Ryan brought me home a birthday cake and a chai latte which was unexpected. This birthday reminds me that I have to get my butt in gear on my 30 by 30.
- We took a short trip this week to visit my sister 2 hours away. Carter was great. He pretty much slept the whole time except for two diaper changes and feeds. He slept for a stretch of 5 hours which made me feel like a neglectful mother. I had to fight the urge to wake him up.
- We attended a Healthy Baby group for the first time this week. It was good to get out. The group that we went to meets monthly. They usually have some sort of lesson (this time it was on summer safety), nursery rhymes, snacks and an activity (this time it was making homemade play dough). They also give out coupons for eight 2L cartons of milk each time to all pregnant women or families with babies under 6 months. Score!
- I have been trying since Carter was born to get some good professional-ish pictures of him-the naked on the belly kind. Problem is he screams bloody murder every time I take his clothes off. Hopefully I can snap some decent pics before his first birthday and get his birth announcements out!
- There are a couple of events that Ryan and I would like to attend for the day this summer sans baby. I have been trying to pump some breast milk to facilitate us leaving him with somebody for the day. This has been hugely unsuccessful but I keep trying hoping that my supply will increase to facilitate stockpiling some milk.
- The weather has been gorgeous here. Like +30 gorgeous. Most people hate this hot of weather, but I would spend the entire day outside if I could. Unfortunately, I have spent very little time outside.
For more Friday Night Leftovers, click here.