- This first week of motherhood has flown by.
- Ryan, Carter and I are still figuring each other out and trying to find our new places in this family. Overall, I think that we are settling in well.
- I swear that Carter hates being clean. He screams bloody murder every time we change or bath him.
- This boy pees pretty much every time he is changed! We go through sleepers like crazy! I have learned to put the new diaper down underneath him prior to removing the one that he is wearing, that way, I can quickly cover him up if he starts peeing.
- Speaking of diapers, I have done the unthinkable and bought disposables. The nursing staff at the hospital preferred us using disposables (which were provided there) as they were keeping track of pees/poops. I didn't argue because breastfeeding was more important to me at the time. When we got home, we used cloth diapers for a short period, but they irritated his umbilical cord, and it became pretty stinky. We decided to use disposables until the cord fell off. Now that the cord has fallen off, I am transitioning back into cloth diapers which I am happy about since the disposables seem to leak quite a bit.
- Breastfeeding is going well. Carter had gone from 6 lbs 14 oz at birth to 6 lbs 6 oz when we left the hospital. When the Public Health Nurse visited on Tuesday, he was back up to 6 lbs 13 oz. I had him weighed again yesterday, and he was 7 lbs 8 1/2 oz with sleeper and diaper, so I am guessing about 7 lbs 3 oz.
- No matter what, Carter usually is ready to nurse right at supper time. I am looking forward to having some breast milk pumped so that he can be fed by somebody other than me all the time. I am not looking forward to the time commitment of pumping, but I guess it will all even out. Hopefully it means being tied down with somebody/something attached to my boobs less.
- I am slowly beginning to feel myself again. I can't believe how hormonal and emotional I have been!
For more Friday Night Leftovers, click here.