- Today is the first day of my maternity leave (well mat leave doesn't officially start until May 26th, but I am using up my holidays). Nonetheless, I will not return to work until June, 2013.
- Never in my life have I had a break from work/school this long. I know that parenting will be a different kind of work, but it is hard to wrap my head around how this year will play itself out.
- Today I was awake at 7:00 am. I got caught up on the hundreds of blog posts that I was behind on reading. I finished cleaning the inside of my cupboards. I made 6 lasagnas for the freezer. I then went into town and did some shopping and attended my doctors appointment, came home and am now cooking supper. Successful first day I would say.
- Ryan is finally done with our upstairs renovations. Baby's room is done with the exception of a couple finishing touches. Pictures will come very soon, I promise.
- With pictures on my dSLR, point-and-shoot camera and iPhone, it is hard to keep everything in order. Any suggestions?
- We have decided to put the bathroom renovation off until after Perogy arrives. Not knowing whether he/she will come early may leave us in a spot where we are bringing a baby home to a house with no functional washroom. Not good.
- We got our new well drilled this week. We were quoted for a 100 foot well. They drilled 30 feet and found what they called "bottled water quality water". Needless to say, the cost savings was a nice surprise and I can't wait to get everything plumbed in!
- I am trying very hard to keep my Facebook account tidy. I hate to see things on my wall that are not pertinent to me. I have narrowed my "Likes". I am blocking all game information that people post. I can't believe how many games there are!
- The new season of the Bachelorette starts this week!
For more Friday Night Leftovers, click here.