- I cannot describe how crazy these past few weeks have been. With extra work responsibilities, travelling to meet our new nephew and Ryan spending the past four weeks doing contract work, we are glad to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
- With Ryan being finished the renovation that he was working on, he can now start on our renovations, with less than 3 months before Perogy arrives.
- I don't know about those people that can be completely refreshed after a "power nap". A nap for me must last at least 2 hours to give me any sense of increased energy or motivation. I intentionally avoid naps as much as possible.
- A friend just sent me an email about papaya potentially causing miscarriages. Have any of you heard of this before? I haven't. This is really something that I should know.
- I seem to have broken the golden rule of cloth diapering, and committed to an entire stash before even trying them out. In my defense, I did hours of research on what I wanted, and I feel that having everything ready to go as soon as Perogy arrives will save us money, time and stress as we don't have any physical stores to purchase cloth diapers from in our area. My fingers are crossed for everything to work out as planned.
- There is a gentleman that packs groceries at the store in which I regularly shop. Usually at this chain, you have to pack your own groceries, however, I think that the store has had to accommodate this gentleman in some way. He looks just like Ross off of Friends. He packs the groceries as if he is in a race against time. He has no regard for which items should go together, or which items should go in the bags first. Eggs are often crushed at the bottom of the bag. Jars have been smashed during the packing process. Frozen foods may be packed next to bananas. I try to avoid this man like the plague, and will go in a longer line just to not be in the same line as him. He seems to have a radar for me, though, and always skips over to whichever line I am in. I don't have the heart to tell him that I will pack my own groceries.
For more Friday Night Leftovers, click here.