- I don't know about you, but the new fiscal year is always more exciting to me than the new calendar year. It usually means a nice income tax return. This year it also means a raise at work and increased rates for work-related expenses such as mileage and meals. Unfortunately, it means that we will now have to pay fees for disposal of garbage at our local garbage dump. Will you see any financial gains or losses with the new fiscal year next week?
- My local grocery store lists a total savings from vendor/manufacturer coupons on their receipts. I always brag to Ryan about how much money coupling saves us. He recently suggested that I put the amount saved each time I grocery shop into a separate account and see how quickly it grows. I love the idea. He also suggested that the money saved go towards his savings for a new quad (which I want too of course!).
- Perogy has been hanging out on my right side all week. I feel very lopsided. I think that he/she may be a right winger, which would be thrilled about!
- My BFF S is moving to another province this week. She, her husband and her little guy will be spending the night at our house tomorrow night. I can't wait to spend some time with them, but will be sad when they are living even further away.
- I recently purchased Adobe Photoshop CS5 as well as a book on Photoshop by Scott Kelby. My goal is to improve my photography and photo editing skills during my maternity leave. I will have a very good subject to practice on.
- I love our oven, which came with our house, as it bakes things perfectly. Unfortunately, three of the four elements no longer work. I have been resisting getting a new oven, but think that the days are numbered for this one.
- I think that cloth diapering moms are like a cult. I think that the relationship between me and my BFF M has improved since she has started cloth diapering-we have so much to talk about! Today, I ran into a friend of my older sister's from high school, and knowing from Facebook that I plan on cloth diapering, she pulled a diaper out of her bag and showed me all of the features of it and explained what she liked and what she didn't. I love reading blogs by cloth diaper moms and know that some of my regular blog readers cloth diaper as well. It is amazing that those pieces of fluff that cover a babies butt can bring people together!
For more Friday Night Leftovers, click here.