For this year, I would like to set an equally realistic goal. With that being said, however, I know that this year will be both busy and challenging for both Ryan and I, introducing a new baby into our family, so I do not want to commit myself to something that I will not have the time or energy to stick to. So instead, I am making a list of things that I would like to work on, instead of accomplish throughout the new year.
- Maintain financial ground throughout my maternity leave. This may mean reducing our contributions to our renovation fund, RRSPs and TFSA, but I do not want to increase our debt load throughout my year off of work.
- Continue to coupon and bargain shop in order to save money on all types of purchases made throughout 2012.
- Add dusting to my weekly cleaning routine. I rarely dust my house, and throughout these renovations, I have come across some embarrassingly dusty picture frames, shelves, corners, etc.
- Maintain a place for all things in my home. This means not accumulating more "things" than we have room for.
- Take more pictures, and find a way to keep them all organized.
- Take on more DIY projects throughout my house to save money. On the horizon are sewing projects, along with a couple of baby things that I am working on.
- Not lose contact with friends/family far away (as I am incredibly horrible at keeping in touch with people).
- Maintain "alone time" for Ryan and I after Perogy is born.
What are your New Years Resolutions?